Friday, May 8, 2009

Why Blog?

To be honest, I have no freakin' clue.

A friend of mine set one up, and I've happily been following it for the past few weeks. It almost seems therapeutic, so I think that's what I'm aiming for. A place I can simply rant, rave, vent, bitch, moan, and generally simply talk to myself. Time will tell if I keep up with it or not.

For the two or three people who'll read this... about me.

Have played WoW since Vanilla days. Never did raid back then, but have played a shaman up until WotLK. Leveled up enhancement, but switched to Resto when my guild started raiding. They were short healers, and I was happy to help out, and found that I enjoyed healing quite a bit.

Raided through The Burning Crusade, with my guild clearing about half of Black Temple before the latest expansion. Not bad at all for a guild that was picked up from the ashes of another guild, mostly comprised of a bunch of friends scattered across the country. Not to mention that we had a late start on the content.

Now we're in WotLK, currently working on Ulduar, much like everyone else. Like many healers, I suffered a severe case of burn out, and the constant mistreatment of the Shaman class didn't help too much. Yes, yes, I know, "Whine more newb", but I don't care. While some classes wax and wane in their power levels, Shaman have always been on a steady decline.

In any case, I went Death Knight, at a time that was probably less than ideal for me to do so. I dare say I caused a significant amount of drama amongst my guild in doing so. After all, how many officers can be happy when one of their consistent raiding healers says - "Hey, I'd like to go melee DPS! Rawr!"? Yeah, not many. I'll admit I got very lucky though, and have some very supportive friends. They gave me a chance, and I like to think that I prove my worth each raid that I attend, even in an environment where everyone and their mother's uncle has a Death Knight and thinks they're the gods' gift to the world because of it.

That was about two months ago. I like to think that the quarter of the officer crew I pissed off have (even if grudgingly) accepted that the switch was a good one.

But now I happily whack things and look at the pretty big numbers float across my screen. While healing was a fun time for me, I have admit that killing things is quite a bit more enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I finally figured out how to comment on the blog :)

    I hope this does become cathartic for you and maybe a little fun.

    See you in game!

    ReplyDelete