Sunday, May 10, 2009

RNG, Lateness, and Heroics

I think the Random Number Generator hates me. Oh, so very, very much. In fact, I believe it to be sentient to the point that it can willingly taunt me.

See, I've been trying to upgrade my weapon for quite some time. For physical DPS (and probably magical DPS), the weapon(s) is/are the most important upgrade they can get. They tend to have the best stats on them, and many abilities scale off of the weapon's base damage. This is especially true for Death Knights, since their strikes (our most common attack 'spells') scale directly off of the base weapon damage of whatever we're wielding. This is why before Ulduar, the Betrayer of Humanity was Best In Slot for Death Knights, even though it was itemized more towards hunters, who don't even really want it. Of course, the 13 extra iLevels probably don't hurt either, but that's what determines a weapon's base damage to begin with.

Back on track. I've been using a Titansteel Destroyer since I hit 80. I can *not* seem to get rid of it, at all. I've been hoarding my EP in an effort to stay above all the other melee DPS for whenever something does finally drop, and I've been rather effective so far. Only one other melee DPS sits above me at the moment, and he's been super cool about letting me get my hands upon the axe off of Ignis 25, assuming the damned thing will ever drop.

Or Death's Bite.

Or Betrayer.

Or Stormedge.

ANYTHING.

I'd also like to get my hands upon the Sigil from XT-002(25), since it's amazingly good for Frost DPS, but I'm pretty sure Relg will get the first one. Which is okay, since he deserves it.


***********


Moving on. Ahem.

If you sign up for a fuckin' raid, have the courtesy to try to be on time.

The occassional issue I can totally understand. But lately it seems we've been having problems getting people to show up for raids in a timely manner, and some are repeat offenders. Maybe I should pitch the idea of having an EP reward for being on time and at the instance zone to the officers. My personal style would be to punish those that are constantly late, but I figure rewards go farther for motivation than punishments.


***********


Got some heroic achievements done today, many of the harder ones too, like 'Watch Him Die' and 'Share the Love.' Looks like Less-Rabi is my last real stumbling block before Glory of the Raider, along with convincing people to run Occulus a couple of times...

No comments:

Post a Comment