Friday, July 17, 2009

Think more with your brain, please.

What is it about female voices that drives males crazy? Oh, that's right, hormones. Dipshits.

A new raider joins our crew. If said raider is male, nobody bats an eye. "Hey, howdy" is about the best greeting they'll get. No problem, respect comes with time. It's to be expected.

What if that new raider is a female, though? Suddenly every raider with a hose between his legs forgets how to function properly. All thoughts of downing a boss is pushed out of their heads by thoughts of a different kind of downing. It's enough to make you want to punch someone through their monitor.

Hey guys? Want to know the secret to why females don't play video games with you? It's because you tend to make them feel like objects for your enjoyment. Knock it off please. You're giving your species a bad name.

************

I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong, if it's deserved. I've been rather pessimistic lately about our progress, and had no right to be. I was one of those people who (silently) predicted that our guild would wipe for weeks on Thorim and Mimiron.

I was proven wrong the night we downed both. And the next week when we did it again. Mimiron was one-shotted both weeks. Thorim we still have a few hiccups, but nothing major.

I was proven wrong on Tuesday, when my 10 man Hard-Mode run was on Hodir. I thought that holding Bloodlust for the final minute push was the appropriate thing to do. Instead, it was better used early on in the fight, leading to us getting a succesful 2:55 kill. (Grats Kir on the staff, once again).

I can admit to being wrong. After all, as I've said in the past; "Our successes define us, but we learn to succeed through our failures."

Now... do we make attempts at hard mode Freya... or hard mode Iron Council... or skip it and farm Thorim for some shoulders? I doubt we'll get much more accomplished before the release of 3.2 and I lose the interest of my raiders again.

I think we'll keep at what we know how to do and get some people geared for the upcoming raid instance. It shames me to admit I'm still wearing iLevel 200 epics in my main set...

***********

The more news I hear about Dual-Wielding in Frost, the less excited I become about it. It seems that even Unholy dual-wields are pushing better numbers than the new Frost, which was supposed to be the saviour of our tree. Our niche, if you will.

If this keeps up, I may end up respeccing Blood after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment