Sunday, July 5, 2009

Being a procastinist certainly has it's downsides.

So, at 2:15am, I finished Midsummer Festival achievements on my DK. It should be noted that Midsummer despawned a mere one hour, forty-five minutes later. That's about as close to 'down-to-the-wire' as I care to get to.

Of course, it wasn't entirely my fault. Obviously I waited until the final night to finish it up (Cal, my shaman, had the achievements done very early on), but I had good reasoning! The Alliance capitals were ghost towns due to the late hour and holiday, making that particular part an easy snatch-n-grab.

However, I made a gross miscalculation in Ahune. I think to myself "Hey, an easy solo. My DK can solo elites 10 levels higher than him, how hard can he be?" Of course, I'm not nearly smart enough to realize that perhaps, just perhaps!, enemies made of frost could be immune to frost attacks. And obviously, I didn't bother to respec for the fight, so I got my ass handed to me quite handily. The problem is... you can only summon Ahune once a day, and this was the last day...

Luckily, Shadbow came to my rescue. Came right down to Slave Pens and helped me out. +5 respect points to you, Shad. They're hard to earn from me, but you certainly deserve those ones.

-------------------

Decided to embrace the Frost tree Dual Wield revamp. Figure it was easier to get a couple of 1 handed weapons than redo my entire armor set to make the switch to Blood or Unholy. That, and we're still often without an enhancement shaman, so we'd lose the raid haste bonus if I switched on those nights.

Mostly the decision came with the favour of Razorscale and dropping her appropriately itemized swords for me two weeks in a row. So I have a decent pair of weapons to make the switch with. They're a small downgrade (going from a 232 axe to a pair of 219 swords), but early reports are showing that since Dual Wield scales better than single weapons, it should even out at first and eventually become even better than what I do now. So I suppose that's good news.

Still not sure what enchants to use though. One of the benefits of dual wielding is that you can slap on two runeforges for double the goodies. Fallen Crusader on one weapon is a given; it's just too good to not use. The other weapon is either Fallen Crusader as well (goes from a ~75% uptime to roughly ~90%), Razorice (10% frost damage increase, but takes time to set up), or Cinderglacier (proc that gives 20% bonus to Frost and Shadow attack). I'm leaning towards Razorice, since there aren't a whole lot of fights I find myself frantically scrambling around.

Someone asked me if I felt that the axe was wasted now that I'm going dual wield. Of course not! I chose the axe for a good reason - with the high expertise and stamina on it, it's the third or fourth best tanking weapon, behind only the Gladiator PvP weapons. Since I do not feel like building a 3v3 team and working it up to 1850 just for that, the axe is a great alternative.

-----------------

My wrist is feeling much better. Some days are better than others (like today, it barely hurts at all), so I think it's nearly healed. There are still some fights where I can definetly feel the strain though, such as Hodir or Mimiron.

Oh, and saw Transformers 2 the other day. Not a great movie, but not bad by any means. Megan Fox is definetly the highlight of the film.

1 comment:

  1. Shoulda heard Nicci when he came back from the movie. Every few minutes was "Megan Fox is HAWT!"

    Grats on weapons! I didn't realize you had the other one. :)

    ReplyDelete