Saturday, June 6, 2009

Withdrawals.

This must be what drug addicts go through during rehabilitation. The shaky hands, cold sweats, sleepness nights. Wondering just when you'll get your next fix. Hoping that your body will die so your soul won't feel any more pain.

Okay, so maybe I'm not that far gone and I'm a bit dramatic.

A couple weeks ago I messed up my left wrist pretty badly. Not sure how, just woke up one morning and it hurt like a some-bitch. I'm semi-convinced it has to do with my recent transition to playing the Death Knight; the amount of button mashing I do rose a significant amount when I gave up healing (Shaman healing is easy - I can do it from the mouse only if I'm particularly lazy).

Because of this, I've had to curb the amount of time spent on the computer. I found that I can stand about four hours or so before the pain bothers me too much. Luckily, this is enough time to get raids in, so I can still contribute to the progression effort, but doesn't leave much time for anything else, like dailies or farming. I fully admit I spend too much time playing the game, but having such a drastic change in your life style feels like a blow to the gut sometimes.

More later.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem when I began tanking on Luminas full time. Best thing to do is find a completely relaxed position on your chair arm and let the fingers rest naturally.

    Flex your hand for 5 minutes before a long stint and give your hand a break every chance you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only start to get that on long healing stretches like several 5 mans in a row, or Hodir. Hodir kills me with shift click casting I do plus the constant moving. I probably could stop moving less. Meh.

    Feel better soon. Maybe invest in a wrist brace ala Bards?

    ReplyDelete