Friday, May 15, 2009

Ulduar 10 mans

Glye opened up 10 man Ulduar's to PUGs. This means I can start putting together the best team to down 10 man Hard Mode bosses.

My first thought - "This can work; gear upgrades on par of Ulduar 25 (and in some cases, better itemized), and doing something challenging and succeeding is always great."

Then I think - "Fuck, do I really want to try to herd people into another raid per week? Possibly two?"

I'm convinced that the reason my Glory of the Raider groups failed in Naxx was because people became disinterested. We already have a pretty tight raid schedule for a 'casual raiding guild', and adding in another night is too much for some people. It sucks because those people are also our top players.

Not to mention that Ulduar Raider Glory is significantly harder than the Naxx one. At least there's no Undying-like achievement to go for, though. I wonder how much motivation the carrot of a Rusted Proto Drake will get me.

If we did go for it, though, I'd rather start as early as possible. We were side-blinded by the announcement that the Naxx Glory achievement reward would be removed, and we weren't close to finishing it.

I'll ask around, I think. Just have to make sure people understand just how hard it will be, but the rewards will be worth the time invested. It's going to be a lot of stress, but I'll admit - I love hearing the exhultations when we down a hard boss for the first time.

Continuing that train of thought... since I'd be going as Anti, the group is down one healer and up one DPS. Rizzoe offered to heal, but I think I'd rather her be Shadow (I'm addicted to 3% spell hit). DPS requirements will be tight, and she's invaluable in that role. And in the fights we need three healers, she has dual spec.

So... that leaves me in the tough spot of having to boot out a current DPS in favour of another healer. Woofa fits that bill, since his schedule has been erratic lately. As for whom to bring in... I'm stuck with a tough choice. Kire and Nicci are both excellent candidates.

Kire brings shaman buffs that we lost from Cal, including the very important Bloodlust. However, his schedule may preclude him from raiding with us; I know his wife already doesn't like him raiding as often as he does.

Nicci is an excellent healer, and brings the second pally buff (might for DPS, regen for casters), allowing Kings to be placed on everyone, rather than picking and choosing. That may work out to more DPS than just what a Bloodlust brings, but not sure.

Maybe I will try to work in a rotation with the two.

Ugg, this turned out way longer than I was expecting it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment