Friday, May 29, 2009

Hey everyone, I'm a prick!

Apparently I'm a selfish bastard. Or, so one of my friends would have me believe. I'm also the only one who didn't know this. I probably shouldn't be quite so concerned about an off-hand remark that wasn't intended to insult, but considering that I've been mulling it over for the past five days or so, it's apparent that I'm not at all happy with this news.

The conversation was innocent enough. A Naxx10 group was being formed for alts/casuals. I was in a heroic group while it was forming. When I was finished with the heroic, I asked my friend how the group was going and she replied with an answer that implied it was a poor group and wouldn't do well. I expressed that I was sorry to hear that and that I wasn't there to help the group out. The rest of the conversation boiled down to her mentioning that I wasn't expected to go since I was very much like a mercenary with my toons and there was nothing there for me, so nobody considered even asking. It was also mentioned that this was a well-known fact amongst the guild, and that I'm pretty much only seen playing with my friends.

Well, duh? They're the only ones who ever ask. It's true that there are a very select few that I go out of my way to avoid, but it's not like I'm some anti-social prick who will only help those who help me in some way.

Maybe I'm making too much of it.

Or, maybe it's okay to be a selfish bastard. It's been working for me so far, yeah?

Fuck it.


*****************


Changing gears.

10 man Ulduar run went what I can best describe as 'mediocre.' We got down Flame Leviathan with one tower up fairly easily once people understood the mechanics a bit more. We still have work to do on rolling Pyrite though. Instead of sending up two people to deal with turrets, I'm thinking of using a rotating shift of two people, one at a time. The problem is our ranged DPS - they're almost all hunters. Rizzoe does decently (though we need to work on reloading Pyrite with her), but who'd be our second choice? Relg doesn't have enough ranged, even though he can stay up there practically indefinitely. I'd really like to get a solid mage or warlock that I can rely upon.

Took a couple tries at XT-002 Hardmode. I know it's doable for us. I think our biggest problem was dealing with the Life Sparks. Instead of having the tank taunt them, I'm thinking of having our ranged DPS utilize a /target Life Spark macro to assist in burning them down. XT-002 will be a night where we do nothing but work on it.

I'm just not sure if everyone in my group is motivated enough to put that much effort into those fights.

No comments:

Post a Comment